“I am passionate about being my clients’ Go To person; I want them to contact me 24/7 for solutions and advice before making decisions.”Leila Sangar, Payroll and Private Client Tax
Leila specialises in Private Client services and Payroll Management:
- Payroll solutions for complex payrolls, very often involving international considerations, tax equalisation, expatriates, national insurance, pension and visa issues
- Structuring inward investment into the UK frequently from the US, India, Singapore.
- Personal UK residence and domicile issues
- Advising individuals on tax matters: foreign nationals coming to work in the UK, individuals leaving the UK, capital gains tax, retirement and IHT planning
- Holistic personal tax and financial planning including pensions.
- Self assessment and capital gains tax
Her client portfolio includes several major international companies Constellium NV, Tata Motors European Technical Centre, Bharat Forge and Sanofi Pasteur as well as more local businesses Alphacare and French Brothers.
She started her career with HM Revenue and Customs back when it was ‘the Inland Revenue’ before moving into the profession to train with Neville Russell (now Mazars Neville Russell) in Godalming. She first joined Eacotts in 1987 and qualified as a Chartered Tax Advisor in 1989. In 1992 she joined the firm of Towry Law (independent financial advisors) to launch their Private Client tax service. She gained extensive experience of advising on domicile and residence matters particularly for individuals returning to the UK from Hong Kong, offshore tax planning and the UK tax treatment of Investment Bond gains.
She rejoined Eacotts in 1997 and became a partner in 2002 taking the lead in our Payroll Services Division, ‘Paywithcare’. Working closely with our HR Consultant Sue Dormand, she provides effective payroll and employment solutions and HR support to the growing number of business operating in the UK from Head Offices in Europe and the US. She also advises on pensions and financial planning working closely with our regulated entity Eacotts Financial Services Ltd
Living locally in Gerrards Cross, Leila has four children aged between 16 – 25. She is interested in dogs, gardening, books, photography and interior design. She supports the NSPCC, One and the Chime for Change Community. She occasionally blogs and you can follow her Blog. The views expressed in Leila’s personal Blog are solely her own and do not express the views or opinions of Eacotts.